Friday, April 24, 2009

I am not God...

I'm quite sure that doesn't surprise you. In the least.

But, I think it might come as a shock to... well, me. The innermost "me" that thinks she is running the show. The one who stresses & worries about all of those details that just seem *so* overwhelmingly important... the details that are just screaming out for my control.

Hmmm.... are they... really?

A few selected thoughts from the book Crazy Love (F. Chan):

"Worry implies that we don't quite trust that God is big enough, powerful enough, or loving enough to take care of what's happening in our lives."

"Stress says that the things we are involved in are important enough to merit our impatience, our lack of grace toward others, or our tight grip of control."

"Both worry and stress reek of arrogance."

"Who do we think we are?"


Indeed... exactly (W)ho do I think I am?

No comments: