Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Don't miss the "little things"...

This morning, as we got into the car for some errands, I was working on a seriously bad attitude. Absolutely nothing significant, but a quick string of frustrations had gotten the best of me in a matter of moments & I was feeling pretty short-tempered. Funny how quickly that can happen, huh?

So, I'm wallowing in this attitude stew... feeling it take over inside. That feeling where you know it's a bad attitude, but you seem powerless to stop it. I turn on the radio... sure enough, the song is annoying. Really... annoying! I change the channel... and here's what I hear...

And I want you to know
That I'm not letting go
Even when you come undone

I've heard this song many times (Matthew West's "More")... it's a catchy tune, but I haven't really focused on the words. That word "undone" ... it caught my FULL attention! Even though it had come on quickly & was really due to nothing important... in that moment, "undone" seemed like a perfect description of my state of mind. So, as I focused on the words more intently... here's how it continues:

I love you more than the sun
And the stars that I taught how to shine
You are mine, and you shine for me too
I love you yesterday and today
And tomorrow, I'll say it again and again
I love you more
I love you more
Shine for Me, Shine for Me

(the chorus repeats & finishes with...)

And I see you
And I made you
And I love you more than you can imagine
More than you can fathom
I love you more than the sun
And you shine for me

There are so many lessons I could draw from this ‘little’ experience and what a great illustration it is for a study I am currently doing... but what is impressed upon me most is this:

In a seemingly insignificant, "little" moment of my day... My God ~Creator of the universe, All-Knowing & Infinite~ chose to reach into my physical world, speaking words of love & encouragement. And, He did so in a moment I was so acutely undeserving of it.

He spoke to me.

"Little thing"? Hardly!

1 comment:

Debbie Giese said...

I am liking your blog!