Friday, March 29, 2013

Pointing the way...


Recently, I heard shocking news about the passing of a friend I knew from several years ago.  We had not kept in touch nor seen each other for many years.  But yet… hearing this news has touched me deeply.  I can’t quite shake it… each time I re-visit the thought of her passing, my heart breaks anew.

The more I contemplate these feelings… the more I sense what I am truly grieving.  I am grieving a young mom who left this world so very early - oh, how my heart breaks at that thought!  But I am also grieving some missed opportunities.  I find that I’m asking myself a painful question:  Did I ever share with her… really share… the hope, the joy and the peace I find in calling Jesus Christ my Savior & Lord? 

You see... these aren’t just bumper sticker slogans for me, or empty words to post on a facebook status… I’m being as literal as I can be with mere words.  I have really experienced those living, growing qualities in my life!  No theological debates here... I'm not your girl for that.  But... if you want to hear a simple, honest account of what I have experienced to be true in my own life... then, oh my friend... let's talk!!

Do I mean to imply that I am somehow living a “perfect” life – free from troubles, failures, hurt?  No – far from it!  But, having a spiritual relationship with God through Jesus Christ gives me an anchor not only in the "good times" ...but also in those days in which the storm winds blow.

I am NOT saying that my friend did not have a faith of her own.  The point is, though, that because of the time that had distanced us… I just have no idea where she was at in her life journey.  Did she encounter a life storm?  Did she have an anchor to hold on to?  Did she long for someone to come along side of her to share a burden that was too heavy to bear?  Could I have planted a seed years ago that could have made a difference?  These possibilities swirl in my mind, though I’ll never be able to resolve them fully. 

But, instead of stagnating in the grief of the unknown & the unchangeable… perhaps I can use it as a reminder to share what I’ve found with those in my path… today.  And, that brings me to YOU.
  
I want to ask you a self-reflective question:
Do YOU have the hope… the peace… the love… the light from Jesus Christ living within you...
an experience that is beyond worldly explanation?  

If so… may I gently remind you to let that shine? There are those within your circle of influence that need what you have… don’t forget to share it freely!  If you feel as though you have somehow lost connection to those qualities you once felt so strongly… call out to God & ask for His healing work within your spirit.  Or, maybe even reach out to someone around you that can help encourage you and lift you up in prayer.

If, however, you read those words and know that those qualities are missing in your life… I want you to know - you are within reach of them this moment!  Those qualities (and so much more!!) are found in the person, the work of Jesus Christ.  As incredible as it sounds… the truth is this:  He lived, died, and rose again… to pay the price for our sins and to make a “bridge” for us to have eternal life with God.  When we truly begin to grasp the depth of it - we begin to see it as the most beautiful love story we could ever imagine.  It is the most amazing gift you have ever been given... you need only to accept it! 

As one who has simply walked these steps in her past… I urge you: begin an honest conversation with God! Call out to Him & invite Him to show you the truth & knowledge & eternal life found in His Son, Jesus Christ.  You may feel an immediate desire to accept His gift of Life today… right now!  If so, I have included a brief outline at the bottom of this writing to guide you in the biblical steps of that decision.

If you are hesitant to take that step today… my prayer for you is that He will bring someone along side of you that has already accepted His gift of Life so that they can encourage you & share the love that now blooms inside of them.  Perhaps in a Bible-believing church near you… or perhaps by even reaching out through this digital screen you are now reading.  I do not hold myself up as some sort of “perfect” Christian… but I would be honored to help point you to the One who was Perfection on our behalf.

In the precious name of Jesus.... I wish you a very Happy Easter!
~danyel








One of the most simple outlines of prayer I have ever seen is called the "ABC prayer".  In it is found the Biblical steps of beginning a saving relationship with God through His Son, Jesus Christ.

... and remember... it is not about reciting the "perfect words"... it is about speaking their meaning honestly from your heart.

(A)dmit you have sinned against God & repent.  "Repent" simply means that you are turning away from those sins.

(B)elieve in God's Son, Jesus Christ... that He alone is qualified & has paid the price for those sins by dying on the cross & being raised from death by God on the third day... that He has made the way to eternal life with God through his sacrifice.

(C)onfess Jesus as your Savior and your Lord.  As "Savior" means acknowledging Christ's work as the only means of overcoming your seperation from God (your sin) and as "Lord" means committing to following His Lead in your life.




3 comments:

jessica said...

Well written my Friend.
I'm sorry about your friend. And pray with you that she knew our saving Lord and that her loved ones are drawn closer to Him in their loss.
I've struggled deeply this week, watching a dear friend of mine struggle in his resistance to the Lord's calling on his life. I've done and said all I know to do and say and now The Lord has orchestrated it so as to remove me as his 'crutch' of sorts, I believe. I've been so honored to have had the time to minister to him in some small way, but now my heart grieves with him in his struggle to find his way.
Praying that The Lord draws him into His unconditional love this Resurrection Day.
Happy Easter, sweet lady.
And GREAT to read your blog once again... dust and all. ;)

Jessica S

~d. said...

Thank you, Jessica, for your kind comments... and for sharing your heart, as well. Part of cracking open this dusty ol' blog today was an exercise of the same kind of faith you are speaking of. I know it's not up to me to "save" anyone (thank you, Lord, for not leaving that up to me!!)... but I DO have a responsibility, a calling to share what I have found in Him! It sounds as if you can rest in having done exactly that. Prayers added from Texas for your loved one & for you, friend :) ~d

Anonymous said...

I don't even know the way I finished up here, but I assumed this submit used to be good. I don't
undеrstаnd who you are but сertainly уou're going to a famous blogger for those who are not already. Cheers!

My web-site :: frontier internet